Written by Parents Contre La Drogue
Monday, 21 October 2013 10:54
On 5 February 2013, the Prime Minister announced the opening of an injection room in Paris.
Due to the announcement the Parents Against Drugs Association lodged an appeal before the Council of State against the Prime Minister and two complaints to tribunal de Grande Instance of Paris and Court of Justice of the Republic against the Prime Minister and the Minister of Health on July 9.
The complaints were filed for inciting drugs, facilitating the use of drugs.
In August the Council of State gives us right and recognizes that our application is admissible.
Despite this the government and the Mayor of Paris does not take account of that advice and continues to say that the injection room will open on 1 November 2013.
Parent Against Drugs continues to file complaints over the decision to open injection rooms in France. The government believed that it will be enough to open an injection room by simply writing a decree. The prime minister refuses any debate in parliament.
On 8 October, the State Council gave us right a second time and prevents the government to open injection rooms, because it is impossible to open it without changing the law. This is the second victory for Parents Against Drugs.
Now the opening of the hall is delayed for at least six months. However, the government still insists on opening injection rooms in France.
We will stay vigilant to the end, we shall fight to the end.
Preface by Sven-Olov Carlsson, International President of World Federation Against Drugs
Cannabis is believed to be innocuous and harmless, and regularly the prospect of legalization comes up to the front of the stage, triggering furious controversy. Most of the time, we come to deny or minimize the harmful effects of this drug, which affects young people the most, usually with convictions and testimonies.
Serge Lebigot protests against this dangerous illusion. Uncompromisingly, he opens the black case of cannabis and explains to educators and parents, how this herb can affect the health of young people. It also provides concrete ways to support parents who face cannabis use among their children.
Serge Lebigot is president of Parents Contre La Drogue [Parents Against Drugs Association]. It was published by Lethielleux - Cannabis: ce que les parents doivent savoir [Cannabis: What Parents Need to Know]
For questions or to order the book please contact the Parents Against Drugs:
Written by Narconon Nigeria
Monday, 21 October 2013 09:35
Narconon Nigeria is a nonprofit drug free organization aims to eradicate the problems of drug and alcohol abuse in Nigeria through effective drug education and drug prevention services.
Having discovered that at every point, it seems that our youth who are our future are surrounded with insidious influences that seem to encourage or condone substance abuse.
Our strategy and Activities
We have adopted â€śCATCH THEM YOUNGâ€ť strategy and in the last four month we have been able to cover about 35 schools with over 2,500 kids.
We organize public lectures in three communities with about 200 youths called â€śArea Boysâ€ť meaning Restive Youth, in Mafoluku oshodi Area of lagos state, Odeda Area of Ogun state and ikire Area of Osun state all in South West Nigeria
Religious group such as Muslim and Christian organization were not left out.
We have also started the process of our registration with about 80 percent completion which cost about N200,000 naira equivalent to $1,500 dollars. Because Without Cooperate Affairs Commission [CAC] registration we cannot achieve much. Attached is the copy of CAC Approval
In the course of our campaign, we discovered that most of the youth who are on hard drugs are either not aware of the adverse effect or they were given false information about the illicit drug consumption.
In this second quarter the result has been very encouraging as we are making positive impact among the school kids, awareness among the youth and keeping the society free of drug.
1. We usually encounter some challenges such as an attack on some of our members in the course of our campaign against the use of illicit drug in some places by either those who are selling drugs or those who are using it. The reasons behind this attack are not far fetch, the seller as well as users felt threaten with what we are doing and thinking our coming around will expose them. This challenge is life-threatening but we are determined and resolute to carry on with the campaign. NO amount of threat will stop our vision in making our world a drug free place to live.
2. Shortage of fund, our activities have been self sponsored from the little we earn in our other business activities. And there has never been government support. This has affected our campaign in different ways.
3. Administrative bottleneck and delay in getting the CAC certificate which we have spent $1,500 in the process
4. Need of a befitting Office, the office we occupy presently was given to us temporary by someone and he has already served us a notice to vacate the apartment by 31th of December, 2013. We are in need of office where we can operate conveniently, keep records and have a permanent contact point for people.
5. Shortage of publicity materials .We do not have enough Educational materials to distribute during our public campaign. We always manage the little we got from international organization and the one locally printed by our Organization such as â€ś Signs and Indications of Drugs Leaflets and Ten Things Your Friend May not Know About Drug Bookletâ€ť.
6.Mobility challenges, moving from one place to another was sometime difficult for us when there is no one to volunteer his or her personal car or bus. We have to charter a bus to convene our team members to some locations especially if it is outside Lagos state.
We hope to press on and achieve a greater feat in the third quarter of this year. Attack from any drug seller cannot deter us from attaining a drug free society. However, meeting our needs by your organization can aid our operation particularly in providing a befitting office in Lagos State, fund and a vehicle.
Narconon Nigeria will be most grateful if your organization can help in any of the above mention request or make a recommendation on our behalf to any sister organization or any concerned government parastatals and agencies. With your help and support we can double up our activities for a better result.