The 4th World Forum Against Drugs will be held at Münchenbryggeriet in Stockholm Sweden on May 19-20, 2014.
The 4th World Forum Against Drugs will be held at the beautiful Münchenbryggeriet in the heart of Stockholm. The venue is located at Torkel Knutssonsgatan 2 with views over Riddarfjärden and City Hall.
The venue is spacious and modern while still holding on to its historical characteristics. The Forum will be located in the large and bright halls located on the top 7th floor of the building with an adjoining terrace. During breaks, participants can enjoy some fresh air out on the 40-meter long terrace or just savor the breathtaking panoramic view of the city center of Stockholm and the sparkling waters surrounding it.
All rooms and halls are suitable for disabled persons.
The conference center – address and directions
Torkel Knutssonsgatan 2, Stockholm
Mariatorget is the nearest subway/underground/metro station, located 500 meters from the conference center.
In Swedish, subway/underground/metro is called “tunnelbana” and is marked with a large blue T. When you arrive from the airport to Stockholm Central Station, look for this symbol.
The map to the right illustrates how to get to the conference center from Mariatorget metro/underground station.
Visit https://www.wfad.se/travel-map for a full-scale interactive map (Google maps).
Travel from the airport to T-Centralen (Stockholm Central Station – end station)
- By Train
The fastest way from Arlanda airport is by train to T-Centralen (Stockholm Central Station). The journey takes around 20 minutes and a one-way ticket is 280 SEK (≈33 EUR). Book your ticket online here: https://wfad.se/arlandaexpress
- By Bus
The bus ride takes around one hour but is more affordable. A one-way ticket is 99 SEK (≈11 EUR). Book your ticket online here: https://wfad.se/swebus
- By Taxi
Taxis from the airport Arlanda to the conference center or to the hotels situated near by take about 40 minutes and cost between 450 and 600 SEK (≈50-65 EUR). Two of the companies are listed below and you can book in advance.
+46 (0) 8 14 00 00
+46 (0)20 20 20 20
+46 (0) 8 85 04 00 (from abroad).
Travel from the Stockholm Central Station directly to the Conference Center
Take metro T (tunnelbana) towards Liljeholmen. Get off at Mariatorget station – see above map link for directions.
Some important facts
- » Emergency number is 112 – both for medical or police matters
- » The currency is SEK (Swedish krona). To find out the conversion value of SEK in your own currency you can use a website currency convertor such as http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter
- » The Metro or Underground is called in Swedish – Tunnelbana (T-bana). The stations are marked with a blue T.
- » Prices for metro or bus travel Depending on how much you plan to use the public transport you can buy: Individual ticket = 36 SEK (for 1 journey in central zone only) Travel slip = 200 SEK (gives you 8 trips with the metro or bus) Travel card prices: 24 hours = 115 SEK 72 hours = 230 SEK 7 days = 300 SEK
- » Visiting Stockholm. From the conference center you can walk in 10-15 minutes to the Gamla Stan – the Old town, which is the heart of the touristic Stockholm. If you would like to find out more about places to visit or how to take a little tour of the Stockholm archipelago by boat and experience this wonderful town from the water visit the tourist office website, which packed with practical information http://www.visitstockholm.com/en/To-Do/Attractions/gamla-stan/1856
- » Weather – a detailed weather forecast for Stockholm is available here
WFAD Contact Information
|www.wfad.se||+46 8 714 81 15||@WFAD_info||facebook.com/WFAD.se|